Thursday, June 23, 2011

my last 2.5 (hectic-ish) weeks in Haiti

I'm going to make this short because I NEED to go to sleep. :-)

1) 2 great teams have arrived and done an amazing amount of work, played with the kids, been supportive & fun, and just encouraged me a lot as well as the rest of the staff here.

2) Red Cross & Save the Children donated tools & tarps/blankets/rope to help families recover from mudslides; also we're continuing to cleanup AND we've helped families move into new places in the meantime (where money has gone: to help!)

3) my friend Matt has gone on extended vacation so i'll be in charge of the transition program for orphan graduates here for awhile. A lot has happened recently and the house/office/program workspaces are each almost complete! It's a rapid and wonderful transformation blessed by the talents, efforts and support of the aforementioned great teams, the foundation of work Matt put in over the last 9+ months, and the belief in the vision of what this program can do to change Haiti in the long run (another email/presentation for another time, now)

4) I got another stomach bug and didn't eat much for a few days, but am totally fine!

5) Saw my old org and offered a hand in their challenging week. Still a curiosity what happened there, in my mind and heart. I continue to pray for The Boys I used to work with (and for, essentially).

ok that's it for this moment, but will send more pics/blogs/details of each of the programmatic events that are advancing. I'll also post on my blog links to the teams that have been here and what they've done so amazingly and blessedly for the kids & community here!!!

http://haitisand.blogspot.com

Much love,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment