Thursday, April 17, 2014

Holy Thursday

Dinner with friends

Drink and eat, for you must soon understand
that the order from my father is one final demand.
Soon we shall part, and then with a start
you'll cry, and mourn, but you must take heart.
Washing you now – know you are clean –
for a savior you know – it’s him you have seen.
Do as the teacher shows, no servant is greater,
so do not disobey now or sooner or even later.
This body will break – for you it must.
This blood a covenant bond you shall trust.
Go – ignoring the hate – it is the same;
I know it well, such is the price of this fame.
I am the way; I’m the truth and the life,
and though you may not get it now, you are my wife.

David Sandler © April 24, 2006
http://indosand.blogspot.com/2006/04/easter-poetry_114589174856539905.html

No comments:

Post a Comment