Saturday, July 17, 2010

beginning in the Dominican...

So, as part of the journey I have a stop in the DR for most of the next 3 weeks before I am permanently in Haiti from August 11 onward.  IYI has a base in Santo Domingo for lots and lot of their work.  So far I've helped out with a baseball clinic, gone to youth prison facilities, set up an outreach event in the middle of the streets in a rougher part of town where IYI has a youth center, and more.
   Yes, I even drove.  I would say the rules are about as crazy as Indonesia.  Which means it's crazy, only I'm driving on the American side of the road here.  :-)
   I'm rounding out details for everything I'll be doing in Haiti.  I'm sorry it's been a slow process - these things do take time to make sure the plan is done 95% right the first time.  If I put stuff out that's only 75% correct and things change, well... that makes for more problems down the line.  Thanks for your patience on this.

Much love from a high heat & humidity location,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment