Thursday, July 22, 2010

it's midnight in Haiti; what am I doing up?

considering it's 1am in Santo Domingo and I have to go with the outbound team at 330am I had to finish packing.
  the rains eased up, the contractor couldn't change his flight, I bought a cheap ticket (i'm liking American Airlines more and more, I gotta say) and arrive 30 minutes after my friend does., which is 20 minutes after the pastor does.  Which is great b/c we don't have a car.  We will be met by another friend and we'll all taxi back, somehow.  (the taxis are really pickup trucks aka "TapTaps")
  it's gonna be a wild couple of days, building, planning, meeting, and praying for the thunderstorms to miss us on Saturday and Sunday.  The first tropical storm passed Haiti by, but 2 more are coming west from Puerto Rico - please pray they pass on by too.  (I don't want them to hit the U.S., but... it's better than the million+ in tents getting smacked around again).

If you want to donate towards construction for locals, the youth we're working with, or other projects, please head to:
http://www.iyiglobal.org/donateonline.html
and denote "Haiti" or "Haiti Boys" or "Haiti homes" or "Haiti construction" and we'll get 'er done.  Hopefully by Tuesday we'll have the large structure mostly retrofitted, the dorms for the boys begun, and discussions further along for location/quantity of homes in the nearby community (or where).

Blessings & thanks,
David

to reach me:
in Haiti: 01-509-3895-3360
in the DR: 1-829-366-4130
in the US: 1-626-592-0389

No comments:

Post a Comment