Friday, November 5, 2010

Faith & Fear(lessness?)

"And Jesus' disciples freaked out because they thought the wind & storm would kill them. They screamed for him to wake up and when he did he commanded the weather to stop and asked, 'Where is your faith?'" ~Matthew 8:23-27

The rain has begun again at 3pm on Friday afternoon, long after the hurricane was supposed to do great damage. The trailing storms that follow the epicenter that missed us could still produce damage and steal away tent homes for a million Haitians.
My faith tells me that I can intentionally return to a disaster relief world in advance of impending doom (named "Hurricane Tomas"), stand in the face of it and pray for the storm to disappear. I have prayed that I and countless other followers of Jesus and hundreds of expatriates come to love and serve the people of Haiti might be protected simply by our presence & prayers.
Some might call me a fool. A few call me brave. Others may mock my belief in an "invisible" God. But even if the storm strikes with the greatest fury possible, devastating millions of predevastated lives, I will still call Jesus my lord and follow him until the end of time, loving and serving in His name so that others might know and believe He is good, also.
~David


Haiti direct: (+50938953360), BBM: 24B46DD9

No comments:

Post a Comment