Monday, November 22, 2010

A question about Suffering

If suffering produces endurance, which produces character, which produces hope, isn't this something that everyone on the planet knows about and has the opportunity to access?

We all suffer. Even the rich suffer in their spirit with worry. All can be struck by accident, disease, war or disaster.

Right now Haiti suffers from cholera, earthquake damage, decades of poverty and political strife, a damaged ecosystem, and poor education system. I know many here who endure much, but have begun to wonder if all the handouts and lack of collaborative focus have resulted in fewer with character and very little hope.
I pray for it, but I just don't see hope in enough eyes.
I want to see hope.
Because with hope, one can have faith in the unseen and the future.
And we all need something to believe in.
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

No comments:

Post a Comment