Monday, April 11, 2011

Haiti; book 2, chapter 1: New, yet familiar

Dear Friends,
I have found myself back on Haitian soil, with an opportunity to work for a
new organization, Child Hope International
(http://www.childhope.org/work/training/training.html), with many amazing
people. My particular role right now is to work on a "Transition Program" which
helps take graduates from the orphanage program and prepare them to be men and
women, ideally after God's own heart, to take on the world with life & job
skills, and possibly jobs.
Stunningly i've been here 2 weeks already, absorbing & (re)learning a lot,
all while trying to help build the future of this transformational program,
adjust to the heat & sweat again, make a home out of a very busy house with kids
flying in and out of it (a dog or two, also - story later), lose some of the
pounds I packed on in 3 months in the U.S., and figure out how to get around
this new location, even though it's just 6 miles from my old one!
I'm going to stop short right here. I'm excited to be back, daunted by what
Jesus has laid on my heart with this burden of love, and enjoying my mosquito
net & fan to sleep to at night while listening to classical music (usually) on
my Ipod.

I'll get back to sending regular (possibly overwhelming :-) updates & photos,
but I had to get started somewhere, right???
If you'd like to support me here,
please goto https://childhope.webconnex.com/donation_form, select Category of
"Other" and then type in "David Sandler" under Special Instructions. $5 per
month (or one grande iced caramel decaf low-fat no-whip) from just over 100 of
my facebook friends would cover most of my living needs here. And Child Hope
makes it very easy to give recurring payments right off your credit card.
Or I highly recommend going through the other programs (girls and boys
orphanage, medical, house reconstruction, community feeding program and more)
and sponsoring one of those!

Many blessings and much love to you all,
may we never shut our eyes on reality, and love with all our hearts, minds, soul
& strength,
David


No comments:

Post a Comment