Wednesday, April 13, 2011

'Out There'

Photography by the amazing Jess Koehler; I'm honored to have written a piece in conjunction with hers. Please visit the rest of her website to explore further how curiosity can save the human.

curiositysavedthehuman.com








'Out There'

Written by David Sandler


Somewhere out there is a world I don’t yet know.
It is a place where dreams are reality and rains might turn to snow.
I see beyond cemented walls and hot tin roofs;
I see mirrors, and glass, and steel;
my mind believes without proof because I’ve heard about it being on a television
I’ve never seen – but my friends once did.
Faith exists in this heart, dreaming of what might be beyond the dirty floor and ancient mattress.
Every possession in my family just meters away,
Everything I know can be run to in a matter of seconds.
And here I sit: waiting, wondering, daydreaming for a time that may never come –
but it is out there. Somewhere.
Just like electricity.
Just like the songs on my radio.
I can’t see it, but I know it’s real.
I can feel it.
I believe.
Someday.
Somewhere.
I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment