Wednesday, April 27, 2011

just another Wednesday night

   In absence of pictures to upload, programs to share, or organizational info/friends to douse you with, I've decided to just write for a few minutes tonight.
   It's been a remarkable month that has gone by in a blur. I imagine that I wouldn't have survived without the blessings of community, their prayers, and our Father in Heaven, since once again i've tried to figure out a new location and a new job in a hurry in a very hot & humid place... and yet there is clearly joy IN my heart.  Sometimes people seem to act around me and wonder if I have it since I look like i'm thinking about things all the time - and the fact is yes, I am. I think a lot, and run a course of analyses as swiftly as possible.
    Usually, when things are going wrong I stop and pray. If you ask me about it though, I will answer, and that takes longer to say than to think.  Also I have to evaluate how to respond based not solely on my own opinion but on the organizations' and God's. 1 Cor. 13 says that if I do anything without love then i'm just a noisy gong and shouldn't bother doing anything that i'm doing.  I strive to achieve that.  But it's no easy task. 
   How can being loving and selfless all the time be easy? It goes against our original selves, and yet as we are transformed into something different - as we blossom into servants and teachers and world-changers that are selfless - then we are made new and able to become this light unto the nations. 
   But being visible before others is much scarier than hiding in the corner and going unseen. But i'd rather go through life with eyes wide open on reality and dealing with it and finding solutions to help restore life than do anything else.  I believe in this responsibility with all my heart, and am thankful to have been born and bred capable of adapting to doing this in 3rd world nations like Indonesia and Haiti.
   Now, if I could just learn Creole a little faster and not use my rubbish Freole that no one understands...  :-)

Blessings, and bon nuit!!!
David

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest thoughts tonight. I'll be back in a few weeks, and you'll be fluent by then, so we can practice together. :)

    ReplyDelete