Friday, June 28, 2013

A Study of Faith

I think now is a good time for me to re-study elements of faithful people.

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." ~Hebrews 11:1

Chapter 11 in the Book of Hebrews covers many people:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews%2011&version=NLT
    Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah.  Verse 13 says, "All these people died still believing what God had promised them. They did not receive what was promised, but they saw it all from a distance and welcomed it. They agreed that they were foreigners and nomads here on earth."
   ...I don't know what to do with words like that when I have dreams.

Faith is about promises for the future... (v.20)

Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and all the prophets.
And there is depth and greater (the greatest?) challenges beyond this still, as the stories unfold.

Am I faithful?

Verses 39-40: "All these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that God had promised. For God had something better in mind for us, so that they would not reach perfection without us."

What am I reaching for?  Are my dreams the same as God's for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment