Wednesday, June 26, 2013

yea, verily, though i walk through the valley

ha, i'm kind of pretending i speak olde english.  i don't.

  "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
   Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
   Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."  ~Psalm 23

It's ironic how people and things try to defeat me.  I'm not even saying someone actually is attempting to, i just recollect now that it's important for me to fight for what i believe in.  to walk through the valleys to reach my dreams.  To survive the darkness because there is light.  love IS light.  Love is hidden but it is IN the darkness and it calls me by name, searching for me.  Love chases me down.  Pursues me, even as I pursue it.  Pursuit IN the darkness.  A dangerous game, but it is what the bravest sheep would do, if only it knew what it was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment