Saturday, August 24, 2013

I just don't know

"…would you break your own heart?
It was the question I asked myself some months back when I was in a relationship I knew might eventually end not due to feelings but to fundamental differences. In the midst of it all, when I wasn’t sure how things would play out, I experienced two frames of mind. One, where I thought I needed to end it now  to avoid any unnecessary pain and not waste time. Another, where I felt it would be ok to surf with uncertainty for a while, knowing relationships never play out according to any formula, knowing I’d met someone really special.
So, this song is me talking to myself, mulling over my reality.
“Ever ask yourself…would you break your own heart?…No, no, no, I’m fine.”
Some thoughts:
1) It’s so easy to see somebody else’s relationship objectively. It’s so difficult to see our own relationships objectively.
2) It’s hard to know the balance between making decisions based on feeling and logic; however, I think we need to make sure certain ducks line up before we let ourselves fall for anyone. Love, my friends, is blind.
3) When we envision that perfect person for us, there are likely blind spots in what we think we want. We should be unwavering in fundamentals but flexible with stuff like height or hobbies.
My hope: that none of us get into or remain in relationships we know are not what we truly want. Also, that we’d fight for a gem when we find one."
http://rosannatomiuk.com/2013/06/ever-asked-yourself/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RLfE72Eaw74#action=share
Would you break your own heart?
Take a look at yourself...
Seems you're off to a good start

Ever ask yourself
Do you think you're stronger than you are
Take a look at yourself
Seems you're taking it too far

Pre-Chorus:
But you say no, no, no...
No, no, no
No, no, I'm fine

polls_broken_heart_01_4826_145995_poll_xlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment