Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stars & lightning. Cloudy.

Current ends as skies light up, offset by cotton mirrors that float along rivers of air to destinations unavailable to those without wings.
Dots line up to attention and shine not so bright against onyx backdrop, revealing unto me the places I've always wanted to go, but never was afforded the chance to break space-time-oxygen laws.
Without thought I imagine myself there and no longer here. I perceive what collections of good are needed and pretend to shut off eye and ear from every similarly strained cry that says, "give me."
It is silent but all I feel is pain. These muscles are inflamed by curved bed, laundromatted forearms, and the mental stress of ridiculous situations, plus walking the roads of this life with no sign of wheels anywhere.
Chickens, dogs, drums & thunder will surely wake me as much as the dead-air heat, the repowered fan from three to four in the morning, and the next email that tells me who I disappointed or what I did wrong in the midst of giving my life away freely.
Broken chains may rust, hacksaws may cut us free, and plane tickets are within grasp, but only one thing might become the rain, the lightning & the perfect nightly distraction.
Break me and make me new. I cannot forget but I've already forgotten. Let me be weak as you are strong, and I will be your sheep. I am thirsty - leave me to attend, and I will love you as much as the day before.
It is a dark and stormy night, but all I see is the heavens in this hell.

David Sandler, 10/10/10
+509(3)895-3360 http://haitisand.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi David - Your prose breaks my heart.

    I'm so sorry that there are those in your life who do not support the tremendous work that you are doing in Haiti.

    I think your works are marvelous and I admire your heart and your spirit.

    Thinking of you...

    Lorrian Ippoliti
    at CMTC

    ReplyDelete