Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Action or words?

One of the more intriguing pieces to the puzzle of my spiritual journey of trying to know the one God has resided in my heritage mixed of Jewish & Catholic upbringing but modernly defined as more "Protestant" in nature.
For me, the lessons instilled in growing up were ones of effort, discipline, sacrifice & servanthood. My parents are amazing models of dedication & devotion to caring for not only their loved ones, but all of humanity.
When, at 19, I came to believe in all the things I'd been taught as a youth, it was forged in a belief that the invisible was real, the ethereal was concrete, and that love did not have to be so mysterious.
But it was natural for me to keep doing things. I knew the words and practiced them, but had to play the game of real life too.
I have faith, but how will anyone else - myself or Jesus included - know it if I don't actually apply it?
I try to do it. Just like Mother Theresa. Just like Jim Elliot or Martin Luther King.
Say it? Do it. Be the change, don't just talk about it.

James 2:14-26
Matthew 7:24-29
Luke 10:25-37

Love everything: "Do this and you will live."

~David
Haiti direct: (+50938953360), BBM: 24B46DD9

No comments:

Post a Comment